The Roman Theater is the oldest active movie and live performance theater in the state of Montana. The year 2017 will mark its 100th year in business. It is a great venue for hosting your event, fundraiser or live performance. Our theater offers state of the art projection and Dolby sound system. The Roman Theater is ideal for concerts, plays, musicals, lectures, films, weddings and more. Movie rentals can be arranged for private and special events.
Call us for a tour today.
The following information is our basic fees for renting the theater. We look forward to working with you and fulfilling your needs.
The theater rental fees include a base rental rate which varies by day of the week, a required cleaning deposit, and optional equipment, marketing and service charges. To reserve a date, the Roman Theater requires a 50% deposit of the base rental fee and the cleaning fee deposit. The balance is due one week prior to the event.
Basic Rental Rates
- Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday $300/day
- Friday & Saturday $400/day
- Monday $200/day
- Weekly $1,500 *
- There is a $100 darkness fee for each day the theater is rented but is dark.
- Sound & Projection System $30/presentation
- House Lights $ 50.00
- Cleaning deposit $ 50.00
Renters are presented with a clean theater, ticket booth, common areas, and restrooms. A cleaning deposit is charged on all rentals. If the theater is returned in the same manner it was rented, the cleaning deposit will be returned. If not, it will be kept by the Roman Theater to pay us to clean it. Determination will be made by the Roman Theaters management.
Concessions – The Roman Theater provides and sells concessions at events. If the renter wishes to offer additional concessions, a catering fee will be charged to each vendor. If the renter wishes to offer spirited beverages, an alcohol catering fee will be charged. All caterers, including alcohol, must be pre-approved by the Roman Theater. The Roman theater is glad to arrange for liquor catering on your behalf. No outside food or beverages are allowed in the theater.
Box Office Services – The Roman Theater can staff the ticket office on your behalf. $35/performance.
Online Ticket Sales – $50/event
Promotion/Marketing – The Roman Theater uses multiple sources to promote movies and events at the theater. We can promote your event on with our regular movie/event calendar for a nominal fee.
- Website, www.romantheater100.com updated weekly $35/event
- Social media, Facebook/roman theater, updated weekly $20/event
- Printed flyer, distributed monthly to 50 area outlets, $35/event
- Roman Theater answering service, week and day of event. $25/event
- Marquee, night before and day of the event, $35/event
Time, Rehearsal, & Set-Up
- Renters receive four hours on the day of the event for set-up and rehearsal unless prior arrangements have been made. Additional set-up and rehearsal time will be charged at $20 per hour.
- Renters are welcome to arrive at the Theater one and a half hours prior to the event.
- Shows must be over and the theater cleared of people and equipment by 11 pm.
- Any cancellation made 28 days or less from the date of your event will cause forfeiture of your deposit, the cleaning fee will be returned.
- Any cancellation made 14 days or less from the date of your event will not be honored and full payment is expected, the cleaning fee will be returned.
Insurance & Liability
Renters are responsible for their own liability and property insurance during the rental period. The Roman Theater accepts no liability for accidents, property loss, or other items which are beyond it’s control during the rental period.
We look forward to working with you to ensure your event exceeds your expectations.
Mike Booth 406-690-5988 / email@example.com